SKILLED MACHINIST –
A.J. Tuck co., We are a highly specialized manufacturer of custom electroformed components and a tier two supplier for the aerospace and defense industries. As a job shop, we make custom components that range from Aerospace hardware to artworks. Our product line includes parts for spacecraft satellites, missiles, fighter jets and helicopters as well as plaques for the Basketball hall of fame, cold shields for infrared detectors and cameras, heat shields and waveguides for microwave transmission.
Full time Skilled Machinist for short run, high precision work. tight tolerance parts & components machined out of various materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Reads blueprints, sketches, drawings, and specifications to determine sequence of operations and setup requirement.
· Measures sample parts, if necessary, to determine dimensions of finished workpiece.
· Measures dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
· Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, and grinders.
· Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
· Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
· Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
· Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
· Verifies dimensions and alignment of product component.
· Confers with engineers or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
Two years’ experience required but willing to train the right candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
EXCELLENT English written and verbal communication skills are a must.
7 AM to 3:30 PM M-F. Overtime during the week and on Saturdays normally available.
Defense related work must be a US citizen or have a valid green card.
Health Benefits include Medical, Dental & Prescription Plan.