Birchwood Country Club, Summer Youth Program
Birchwood Country Club is located on eighty manicured acres in the heart of Westport. At Birchwood, the feeling is relaxed, and the focus is on the family. We feature a wide variety of social events, superb dining with lots of outdoor space, a spectacular kids’ camp as well as our thriving golf, racquets, and aquatics programs.
Camp Counselor Job Responsibilities:
- Implement outdoor activities for children during recreational time.
- Facilitate daily arts and crafts, circle time, and sports activities.
- Supervise campers and ensures their safety, development, growth, skill achievement, and general well-being.
- Follow the daily schedule for campers to ensure prompt arrival to lessons, meals, and all other scheduled activities.
- Leads various small and large group activities while maintaining social distancing rules.
- Ensures the cleanliness of the site by setting up, breaking down, and sanitizing the welcome area, meal areas, and recreational areas.
- Mediate any campers’ disputes and report incidents to the camp director.
- Know and understand all emergency procedures, safety guidelines, and COVID-19 guidelines associated with the camp program.
- Know the whereabouts of your camp group at all times.
- Maintain constant surveillance of campers throughout the day, including the pool area.
Hours: Monday-Friday from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Dates: June 28 – August 20th.
Details: Camp takes place outdoors. Counselors are expected to wear a mask at all times except when eating or swimming. Mask breaks are allowed upon request once per day.
Camp Counselor Skills:
- Enjoys being in the company of children
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Organization skills
- Must be able to carry heavy loads and travel hilly and uneven terrain
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks outside in various climates
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Current college student or college graduate
- Experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field
- First AID certification
*Please email your resume and a short paragraph about what makes you a great camp counselor to Gretchen Destefano at email@example.com.