Website Career Resources, Inc.
To provide career planning services to eligible participants in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act / Adult and Dislocated Worker populations. Services include intake, eligibility, assessment, referrals, enrollment, monitoring and recordkeeping and matching of skills with employment opportunities and Job Search Assistance. Facilitate the successful placement of customers in training programs and/or employment. Develops and maintains effective relations with State and Federal agencies, local employers and community groups.
· *Determines eligibility of participants using WIOA and local guidelines.
· *Assess customer’s skills/goals and relate them to employment opportunities; contribute to customer’s employment plan.
· *Identify customer skill gaps and facilitate job skill and readiness training through workshops and auxiliary services.
· *Make referrals to agencies providing supportive services, based on client needs and services offered.
· *Work directly with clients to assess needs leading to self-sufficiency, based on a centralized database and stated needs.
· *Develop an individualized employment plan in partnership with the customer, which identifies strengths, weaknesses and barriers, as well as identifies specific goals and activities.
· *Provide ongoing career planning services to WIOA customers; monitors and tracks measurable program outcomes using a timely and efficient process documenting the customers’ incremental progress towards achieving goals in CTHires.
· *Develop relationships with local employers for job placement opportunities.
· *Perform ongoing labor market research and development on an employer database in order to stay current with job market opportunities and needs.
· *Maintain attendance records for all customers assigned activities in CTHires system.
· *Complete required forms and input data into CTHires system in real time.
· *Research relevant agencies and service providers in the Northwest Region and develop collaborative relationships.
· *May be required to provide phone coverage and respond to walk-in visitors.
· *Available to cover co-workers appointments as needed.
· *May be required to travel to our Torrington or Danbury office to provide coverage.
· *Other duties as assigned.
· College or university degree preferable. Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
· Career planning/case management, as indicated above. Knowledge of the CTHires software and Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of community and consortium resources
· Oral and written communication skills; interpersonal skills
· Customer service, organizational and problem-solving skills
· Critical and creative thinking and language skills
· Recordkeeping and computer skills
· Ability to work with diverse populations
· Ability to multi task, good time management
· Ability to solve practical problems, interpret a variety of instructions where only limited standardization exists
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram or schedule form.
DECISION MAKING / LATITUDE:
Assessment of client needs based on analysis of intake information in relation to legislative guidelines. Develops client service plan and assists customer in selecting best services to meet career/job goals. Provides input to proposed program policy changes.
Indicate the level and the frequency of supervision received:
Must be able to work independently and effectively; meets with supervisor on a bi-weekly basis, or as needed to address questions/concerns.
SAFETY AND HEALTH RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs all essential job functions in a safe manner, and reports all accidents immediately to their supervisor.
Internal: Daily contact with other Career Resources, Inc. staff
External: Clients, partner agencies, including the Department of Labor, Department of Social Services, Bureau of Rehabilitation Services, State Department of Education and Family Services. Businesses and training program providers; consortium members.
Responsible for determining appropriate referrals for clients, as well as whether a customer has successfully completed a program, in order to authorize payment to program providers. Outcome measures include job credential attainment, placement and retention rates, as dictated by contracts. Determines and documents outcomes, i.e., if client completed program and whether or not employment was achieved. Accountable for maintaining accurate client paperwork and files.