Website Career Resources Inc.
Road Traffic Controllers manually direct road traffic and pedestrian flows on, near, or adjacent to roads during road closures or part road closures due to construction, maintenance or roadside works; public events; or emergency responses using signs and devices to ensure the safety of workers, motorists and pedestrians.
You can work as a Road Traffic Controller without formal qualifications. Some on the job training may be provided. A Vocational Education and Training (VET) course with traffic control units might be helpful.
• Sets up, manages and removes temporary traffic control schemes/signs
• Directs vehicular and pedestrian traffic around construction zones, accidents or other road disruptions; ensuring the safety of emergency response teams, construction workers and the general public.
• Handles a Stop-Slow sign, or manages other similar traffic control signs and devices, to direct traffic.
• Communicates with other road traffic personnel, construction workers and emergency response teams via radio, to provide and receive updates on traffic conditions.
• Completes site checks and monitors traffic behaviour and/or flow to ensure safety is maintained at all times.
• Takes instructions from crew leaders, foremen, managers, inspectors, auditors or officials.
> Second chance employer. Background check will be completed<
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $11.00 – $15.00 per hour