JOB SUMMARY: In the American Job Center or assigned site, this individual is responsible for the supervision of the Education and Training programs and associated staff, including Digital Literacy Workshops, CASAS Assessments, and the Career Coach. The Education and Training Supervisor will coordinate and implement the delivery of these programs, ensuring quality training for American Job Center and agency customers.
Administrative Job Functions
- Prepare and submit monthly workshop schedules and enter scheduled workshops into the CT Hires system.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records, documenting student attendance, activities, performance and
- Develop, update and provide curriculum and classroom training materials for all
- Work with the Director of IT to ensure that classroom equipment is properly set up and maintained.
- Stay abreast of computer technology and software development, advancements, and/or
- Establish guidelines for governing student conduct and monitor student behaviors to maintain an environment conducive to
- Conduct student satisfaction surveys to evaluate the effectiveness of classroom instruction; submit to direct supervisor
- Attend and participate in assigned meetings and
- May assist in training new
- Performs related duties as
Education Job Functions
- Develop curriculum for and provide daily instruction of introductory through advanced Microsoft Office applications, Computer Basics, Digital Literacy, and Internet & Security
- Observe and evaluate student work to determine progress, providing recommendations for improvement; identify barriers to successful completion and refer to an appropriate resource for addressing those
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years work experience, or a minimum of 4 years work experience in a related field in lieu of degree
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software and keyboard functions, PC Operating systems (Windows)
- Must possess teaching/facilitation experience and strong presentation skills
- Energetic, motivated individual with strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work independently
- Microsoft Office Specialist certification preferred
Ability to interface with a diverse population