Develop employer relationships with businesses in Fairfield County that lead to quality employment opportunities for WIOA jobseekers; while promoting the services provided by the American Job Center.
- Identify potential employers in the target market and complete appropriate research on the prospective employers’ business, services, and needs.
- Contact employers by phone or in-person and attempt to schedule face-to-face meetings
- Create, generate and submit job orders
- Continually review business opportunities
- Partnership with the state, local, and non-profit work agencies
- Represent Career Resources/Southwest American Job Center at Chamber events, conferences, and local, community events as required.
- Host virtual and community job fairs
- Matching employers’ needs and jobseekers’ skills to job openings
- Perform professional job search etiquette workshops or one on one sessions
- Monthly follow through on all jobseekers referrals and placements
- Develop and execute a marketing/advertising plan
- Maintain creative follow-ups with employer/book of business
- Willing to travel to other office locations if necessary (mileage reimbursement).
- Three years of professional work experience in Recruiting, Sales, Account Management or a related Business Relationship Management capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or Business Management preferred.
- Knowledge of the area business environment.
- Ability to work with and support a diverse client base.
- Ability to motivate job seekers and establish a supportive professional relationship with them.
- Commitment to assisting clients in overcoming barriers to achievement and success in their personal and work lives.
- Highly motivated and a creative problem – solver
- Ability to work independently and with a group, and maintain good working relationships with organizational staff and partners
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communications skills
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable public speaking
- Create professional resumes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle required
- Bi-lingual candidates preferred but not required