Website Career Resources, Inc.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides case management services to a client caseload of approximately 80 participants in the Jobs First Employment Services Program. Works directly with participants to assess employment-training needs based on current education and career goals. Also provides job search assistance services to approximately 40 of those participants on the assigned caseload who would be required to conduct independent structured job search as part of their employment plan. Provides all services virtually as needed using zoom.
- Assess customer’s skills/goals and relate them to employment opportunities; contribute to customer’s employment plan.
- Identify customer skill gaps and facilitate job skill and readiness training through workshops and auxiliary services.
- Make referrals to agencies providing supportive services, based on client needs and services offered.
- Work directly with clients to assess needs leading to self-sufficiency, based on a centralized database and stated needs.
- Develop an individualized employment plan in partnership with the customer, which identifies strengths, weaknesses and barriers, as well as identifies specific goals and activities.
- Provide on-going case management services to JFES customers; monitors and tracks measurable program outcomes using a timely and efficient process documenting the customers’ incremental progress towards achieving goals.
- Monitor job searches on a bi-weekly basis.
- Provides all services virtually as needed using zoom.
- Develop relationships with local employers for job placement opportunities.
- Perform ongoing labor market research and development of an employer base in order to stay current with job market opportunities and needs
- Maintain attendance records for all participants’ assigned work activities in CT WBS database
- Complete required forms and inputs data into CT WBS system.
- Research relevant agencies and service providers in the NW territory, and develops collaborative relationships.
- May be required to provide phone coverage and respond to walk-in visitors.
- Other related duties as assigned
- BA/BS in Social Work/ Human Services or related field required. 1 year experience in job placement or development is desirable. Experience in State benefit assistance or WIA programs highly desired.
- Case management/Customer Service experience, as indicated above
|Knowledge of employment resources
Customer service, organizational and problem-solving skills Recordkeeping and computer skills
Ability to work with diverse populations
|Oral and written communication skills; interpersonal skills Critical and creative thinking skills
Bi-lingual a plus
Ability to engage employment partners
- Exhibited knowledge and work experience with regard to state and federal mandates concerning JFES (service delivery and requirements).
- Individual should possess the necessary skills to adequately handle assigned caseload, including:
- Competency with computers Detail oriented Well organized
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interface with a diverse population