Job Description: The Maintenance Technician will support the daily functions within our maintenance department, primarily performing routine preventive maintenance and basic repair of facility equipment. The equipment you will perform preventative maintenance on includes internal building structure (walls, doors, ceiling, and floors), restrooms, re-lamping of internal and external light fixtures, and electrical systems.
- Analyzing equipment failures. Inspecting, replacing, altering, and maintaining in good repair all building services and related equipment.
- Conducting preventive maintenance inspections and performing required preventative maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, and filter changes.
- Troubleshooting and repairing electrical systems including interior and exterior lighting systems, medium voltage electrical panels, and VFD’s (variable-frequency drive).
- Performing plumbing repairs where a trade license is not required.
- Troubleshooting and repairing electrical issues where a trade license is not required.
- Inspecting and performing basic repairs to roofing.
- Performing office furniture, window, door, and hardware repairs.
- Repairing floor and wall coverings.
- Assembling and installing shelving and cabinets.
- Maintaining facility structures, walkways, and roadways.
- Providing service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Maintaining records of all preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Working collaboratively with IT department on maintenance of security system components.
- This part-time position requires a 20 hour per week availability.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing facility mechanical systems and equipment, such as pumps, motors, gearboxes, supply and exhaust fans, power transmission components, overhead and service doors, etc.
- Knowledgeable of air handlers, exhaust fans, pumps, and motors.
- Ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- Ability to obtain an appropriate driver’s license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles, as requested.
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- Candidate must not be on any form of court ordered supervision.
Some physical/special requirements include:
- Regularly lift to 50 lbs.
- Regularly climb ladders, steps, and scaffolding.
- Repetitive motions: bend, stoop, squat, kneel, stretch, reach, wrist movement.
- Walk extensively throughout the facilities during shift
- Work at an accelerated pace in emergency conditions
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment.